Thursday, November 7, 2013

how i pick my major

I am majoring in art.......and how i can to this choice was unplaned. I always knew i wanted to paint and be an artist, but you know what they say about and artist.....you'll be a poor starving artist. So when I started school I wanted to major in biology to do research, but deep down in my tiny heart …..I did not want to pursue this degree. Getting this degree was all for my mother, to make her happy.(HOW NICE)…… In the end, I ended up majoring in art……my poor mother, it broke her heart. THAT I PICKED THIS ART DEGREE To peruse my art degree I had made a plan. I was going to major in radiology go to school for two years get certified, then transfer to UNM and then finish two more years, so in the end I would be having a bachelors in radiology, but to make this plan happed I would have to do prerequisites for radiology and apply for the program…..which mean “WORK YOUR ASS OFF FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.” I was ready to do all this but one problem…… I had to transfer to the DACC. So I as I was planning to transfer, I found out….”if I transfer I would get my scholarships taken away”. So my plan was to finish radiology first, then go back to school and do my art degree. Well since I was going to get my scholarship taken away, I decide to do all the prerequisites for radiology and not transfer and once I finished that, focus on my art degree. Once I’m done with my art degree I will apply to the radiology program and let faith take its course….hopefully I will be able to get in the program finish it and…..NOT BE A POOR STRARVING ARTIST……my radiology degree will secure my future…yeah bitch…ES….I won’t be poor!!!! I will live a simple life and spend all my money on oil paints and create painting AND MAYBE ONE DAY GO TO AN ART INSITUTION AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF MY PAINTINGS. For example maybe have them displayed some where\........who knows what will happen but allS I know is……IM dreaming BIG………………..

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was a crazy story! It sounds like you have a good plan though so that's awesome. It is cool that you are also looking into radiology. I know that personally, I would be an awful art major because I am not artistic at all so good for you!

    ReplyDelete