Friday, October 18, 2013




 

Watchmen
 


The first comic book that I have ever read is watchmen. The style of readings is very different compared to a any other book, like we had said in class if this comic book was written as a stander  book it would not flow because there are some scenes in the comic book that cannot be describe in a  stander book form without losing such detail that this comic presents. I feel the genre of this book is like a super hero-ish, because they have some characters with super hero powers which live in the big city. From what I notice usually all super hero comics are placed in a city. The appearance of the panels gives off a dark feel to the story line, there are a lot of dark colors used throughout the comic book, which is like if the comic gives off an action- mystery genre, which goes along with the story line in finding out who has killed comedian. Since the comic has super heroes I expect that it will have some super heroes save some who is in danger but as I read I do not think this comic is like that, as I continue to read this comic book I feel like the genre can be mixed with mystery-action-superhero..ish. The reason why I think of the comic book  like this is because of what I have read so far, the first thing that happened in the comic is that someone died, and figuring out who did it and why?, is like a mystery, the comic book has plenty of action throughout it and there are of course super heroes, like dr manhattan who apparently is blue and can make his self grow really huge and go back to normal size.  This comic book has a good flow to it and as I continue to read I will be able have a better understanding in how style, genre, appearance, themes is being presented and also what kind of lens does it belong to.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that I would kind of consider it super-heroish in the sense that there are masked avengers, but it is sort of hard to put in to a category because there are so many different elements to the story. I agree that it does seem to have a good flow and that this blog post does give me better insight.

    ReplyDelete