Friday, October 11, 2013

NOtes

         
                                                                       

The notes that were in the PDF Barrys Feminism, I thought they were both helpful and distracting. They were helpful because after I would read and then view the notes that you had on the margins, I would understand why you had written them ….(like if a light bulb when off in my head)...They were also helpful because when seeing your annotation first  and then reading it would make me think, so I would ask myself, why did you annotate in this area or I think about what is important that she had to annotate. Your notes made me think a little more. The reason I say it was a bit distracting is because when I would read and view your notes sometimes I would not understand why you annotated so I would read I again to see if I understood  a bit more, but overall the notes helped me.

     While I read I usually annotate what I read if I feel that it is important or if I had made a connection with a paragraph to another or to another part of the book, that I had read previously. I usually annotate reading that are difficult for me, this helps me think about what I have read already and it usually makes me of what is to come next like… where is this topic going?.... what is the writer trying to get across?...IN my opinion I LOVE to annotate I don’t take notes on a different paper or journal, I just write in the book. When I annotate I think its fun, it makes me think more. To annotate I use Colored Pins, Glitter Pins, highlighters of all color ANYTHING that is in color other than just black..why?, because when I look over in my book it just looks so pretty with all the colors and It also grabs my attention to reread what I annotated and also reread the paragraph or page if I do  not understand something. I started annotating when my tenth grade teacher showed me how to. I would tell her taking notes was a waste of my time and it was too much extra paper that I did not need to carry around. She was the one who asked me if I ever annotated….I never use to like taking notes until she showed me how to annotate which was very helpful. Annotating is my way of taking notes.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with you that annotating is a lot more helpful than just taking straight up notes because it does allow you to reference things a lot better. I also find that the annotations are helpful but can sometimes be distracting.

    ReplyDelete