Friday, December 6, 2013

As we were working on our own assigned pages which was four pages each, we also work on the front and back cover together, since our zine was a how to we wanted it to be funny. So when it came to the visuals we picked pictures that would suite our them “How Too.” We incorporated the how too with mainstream and underground/hipsters. The zine was easy going “a smooth and fun project, I like that fact that we did not have to do a seven page essay. I have never made a zine so when we picked our theme I was excited to start writing. I wrote three different topic of How Too, which were how to be a good blogger, give a presentation, and tips for English. Before I started to write, I brainstormed ideas for my set up for the three topics that I wrote. When I wrote each of them, I want them to be funny, but also serious. When It came to the visuals I decided to put pictures that described the feeling that my topics gave off for example the how to give a presentation, I discus how it can be nerve racking to present, so I explain what to do if you are one of those people who get nervous. So this is where the visuals play a very important role…. The pictures that I picked were in relations to the feeling of presenting. Therefore all the topics of my how tooz are basically built around the feeling of picture, I picked pictures that would best describe my topic. I did my writing like this because any one could write a bunch of helpful how too tips, I did not want to display a bunch of tips only, I wanted some of the tips to funny, to where it made you think of your own experiences in presenting, blogging and in English, I wanted my picture to be funny but yet display the emotion of the text, figuring out what to write was the easy part after I found all the visuals to my topics. My topics fit with the groups writing because the entire how to were supposed to be funny. This was a pretty fun project, when it comes to performance I think all of us group members contributed equally, when I wrote about my topics I was actually looking forward to writing the zine because it was not in an essay format. If there was anything that I would do differently it would be my visuals instead of finding pictures I would draw them out but considering the time frame I decided not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment